Skip to main content

Sexual Misconduct Resources

If you have experienced a sexual assault, dating or domestic violence, stalking, or other form of sexual misconduct, USU offers services and options to help you navigate the healing and reporting process.

Ensure Your Safety First

Find a place you feel safe from further harm. If you're in immediate danger, contact the police:

Call 911 from your cell phone or 9-911 from a campus phone for emergency help.
Call USU Campus Police for non-emergencies: 435-797-1939.
USU Police will provide referrals to police departments for USU students across the state.

Contact a Confidential Advocate

Trained advocates are available through USU's Sexual Assault and Anti-Violence Information office and CAPSA in Logan (for Logan students) to help you navigate your options, seek medical attention, get a sexual assault forensic exam, receive counseling, file a police report, or report to the university. 

If you are outside the Logan campus area, SAAVI can provide referrals to your local services and talk to you about your options. 

USU SAAVI office: 435-797-7273 (phones forward to CAPSA after business hours) | TSC 311

CAPSA: 435-753-2500 (available 24/7, 365 days/year)

Get Medical Attention

If you experienced a sexual assault or dating/domestic violence, a medical professional can treat injuries, even those you may not be able to see, including sexually transmitted infections. Consider seeing a medical professional right away to take care of your health. 

Student Health Center: 435-797-1660 | 850 E. 1200 N, Logan

Preserve Evidence

For a sexual assault forensic exam, please go directly to Cache Valley Hospital to receive care from a certified Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner. In order ot preserve evidence, please try not to bathe, shower, use the restroom, change your clothes, comb your hair, or clean up. If you receive a sexual assault forensic exam, certain information must be given to police according to Utah law, but you are not required to pursue an investigation. You will also be provided with treatment for injuries

Cache Valley Hospital: 435-719-9700 | 2380 N. 400 E., North Logan

Report the Incident to USU

Federal educational law and USU policy prohibit sexual misconduct by any employee or student. Regardless of when or where an incident occurred, you can report it to the Title IX Coordiniator. USU investigates accusations to determine whether a policy violation occurred, and holds those who violate university policy accountable. The Title IX Coordinator recommends you utilize an advocate to support you throughout the Title IX process.

This office will keep your experience as private as possible, but may share some information with USU employees necessary to investigate the incident or provide you with services. The university can also help you access accommodations to help you succeed in school, including no-contact orders on campus, academic accommodations or changes to on-campus housing, class, or work schedules. 

USU Title IX Coordinator: 435-797-1266 | Old Main, Room 161

Report to Police

Sexual violence causes a great deal of emotional trauma, and USU Police officers are sensitive to the needs of those reporting. If you request they not initiate an investigation, they will honor that request as much as possible. As part of the university, USU Police forwards all reports of sexual misconduct to USU's Title IX Coordinator. You can pursue a police investigation and the university's Title IX process at the same time.

USU Police: 435-797-1939 | 800 E. 1250 N., Logan

Seek Confidential Counseling

Emotional and psychological support will help you process your experience and manage its effects. USU's Counseling and Psychological Services provides confidential mental health services and walk-in crisis appointments. Some cases are referred to SAAVI to decrease wait time.

USU CAPS office: 435-797-1012 | Taggart Student Center, Room 306

Other Resources

Legal Assistance

Victims of dating or domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault may seek a protective order through the courts.
Learn more about protective orders.

Utah Legal Services provides free legal help in non-criminal cases. 

Legal clinics throughout the state provide general legal information and brief legal advice.

Visa and Immigration Assistance

These organizations in Utah provide assistance with immigration status:
Catholic Community Services
International Rescue Committee

Financial Aid

USU Financial Aid is located in the Taggart Student Center 106 or by calling 435-797-0173.

Download this Guide