Title IX Proposed Rules
The Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, proposes to amend regulations implementing Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX). According to the summary provided by the Department of Education, the proposed regulations would clarify and modify Title IX regulatory requirements pertaining to the availability of remedies for violations, the effect of Constitutional protections, the designation of a coordinator to address sex discrimination issues, the dissemination of a nondiscrimination policy, the adoption of grievance procedures, and the process to claim a religious exemption.
Deadline for Comments
The Secretary of Education is accepting comments on the proposed rules through Jan. 28, 2019.
How to Submit Comments
See the rules in full and provide your comments at the proposed rules webpage. Click the “Comment Now!” button to submit your comments.
Summaries of Rules
Tips for Making Comments
- Include your contact information.
- Separate your ideas into paragraphs with headings and subheadings.
- Give specific examples of how the proposals could affect you or your campus.
- Don’t include statements that are made-up or aren’t supported by research.
- If you disagree with an aspect of the proposal, offer an alternative.