USU President's Diversity Awards
The USU Diversity Awards recognize individuals or organizations who further the principles and values of affirmative action, equal opportunity and diversity in these categories:
- Individual Community Member
- Community Organization
- Models behavior that promotes diversity
- Nourishes acceptance of individual differences
- Strives to enhance academic, employment or community relations among people who are different
- Integrates diversity concepts and values into academic curriculum, management functions or community service
- Develops methods for increasing and valuing diversity among students, faculty, staff or local businesses/associations
- Maximizes opportunities to achieve diversity
*Awards are only given to those who have not received an award in the past five years.
Nominations are typically due first week of November each year and a solicitation is announced several months ahead of time. To nominate an individual or organization, write a nomination letter (recommended not more than two pages) addressing the criteria above. Please include contact information for both the nominator and the nominee.
For more information, contact the AA/EO office at 435-797-1266.