Trainings & Workshops
SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION TRAINING
Employees need to complete training in the prevention of sexual harassment (as a new employee and again every three years). To fulfill this requirement, you now have the option to either attend an in-person training or take an on-line training. Sexual harassment prevention training provides important information about how to recognize sexual harassment (including sexual misconduct/violence), and what to do if sexual harassment occurs. Both training options will provide you with critical education on sexual harassment, connect you with support resources, discuss factors that contribute to sexual and relationship violence and empower you to become a leader in prevention.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
To complete Utah State University’s requirement ONLINE:
Just click here and you will be prompted to enter your A# and your USU strong password. This will take you to EverFi’s sign on page to enter Haven for Faculty and Staff (sexual harassment prevention training). Enter information requested on the sign-in page.
• Complete Part 1 of Haven for Faculty and Staff within two weeks of receiving this email. You may take the online course in multiple sittings but it must be completed within the two-week time frame.
• After 10 days of completion of Part 1, you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of Haven for Faculty and Staff which should be completed within two weeks of receiving the invitation.
It is required that you complete Part 1. We strongly encourage you to complete Part 2 (average completion time is between 10 and 15 minutes); while it is not required, we gain valuable feedback. The training contains survey questions regarding pre and post course knowledge and attitudes about addressing sexual harassment. The answers provided are confidential (no one will see individual employee answers. USU will only have access to aggregate data as a whole.
Other Important Information:
• You will need Internet access and audio capabilities;
• To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox) released within the previous two years;
• You may take the course in multiple sittings;
• The course will include survey questions to assist with your learning experience and measure learner attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; we will only receive information about the employee body as a whole and will never see individual employee’s answers;
• Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
To complete Utah State University’s requirement IN PERSON:
See below for the live trainings scheduled in Spring 2017:
Sexual Harassment Prevention Trainings
|January 26||Thursday||9:00 - 10:30 a.m.||Merrill-Cazier Lib 154|
|February 8||Wednesday||10:00 - 11:30 a.m.||Merrill-Cazier Lib 154|
|March 14||Tuesday||1:00 - 2:30 p.m.||Merrill-Cazier Lib 154|
|April 21||Friday||2:00 - 3:30 p.m.||Merrill-Cazier Lib 154|
Attendance will be taken at the Sexual Harassment Prevention Trainings.
IN PERSON Training Handouts